Lately, the "Favorite" diet is gaining popularity. Its simplicity and affordability captivate women because we all want to look good without exhausting ourselves in the gym. However, sport in any case will not be superfluous, but it is better to do it after completing the diet, since while you lose weight with this technique, most likely, you will not have enough strength for it, and your health may deteriorate.
If your starting weight is too great, then the sport is highly recommended for you after achieving the desired result with this diet, since when losing weight, especially so fast, the skin can sag before it can be tightened. Physical activity and proper body care will help you with this.
But is it that easy and simple?
Nutritionists around the world advise against losing weight on the "Favorite" diet. The reason is the decrease in calories and the monotony of the daily diet. So let's talk right away about the advantages and disadvantages of this diet.
Cons of Favorite Diet
- The nutrition in this diet is not balanced, every day you will experience a lack of certain substances
- In fact, this is fasting, just a gentler option, and fasting can cause exacerbation of diseases if not prescribed by the treating physician
- It slows down metabolic processes, especially on days when you don't eat protein. Where will the body get it from? That's right, from your own muscle fibers. This will result in a significant deterioration in body quality.
- A sharp jump in blood sugar levels due to the rejection of many products and the single component of the menu will lead to a deterioration of health in the form of headaches, lack of energy, dizziness.
- Short duration of the diet: Due to strict restrictions, this type of diet cannot be used for a long time. And this means that the result will be short-lived.
Advantages of the favorite diet
- Availability: low price and availability of the necessary products in any store;
- Quick result: kilograms and volumes literally "melt";
- Simplicity: cooking does not require a lot of time and effort;
- Improvement of the condition of the skin and hair;
- Reduction in stomach volume as a result of food fragmentation.
Favorite Diet Essence
Weight loss on this diet occurs by reducing the caloric content of the diet. Nutrition fragmentation and days when only liquid foods can be consumed ("drink" days) also play an important role. The daily alternation of food according to the principle of "light / heavy" makes each day a diet of discharge, which accelerates the process of burning fat.
Basic principles of the favorite diet
- Every day you can eat only the product allowed on the menu. It is absolutely impossible to change diet days in some places.
- There are an unlimited number of products allowed, but it is better to observe a 2-3 hour break
- It is important to drink plenty of water between meals, it is not recommended to drink water during meals, and not only when following diets. The water dilutes the gastric juices, which causes poor digestion
Important!When following the "favorite" diet, physical activity should be dosed, as the body will still experience stress due to lack of nutrients. For the same reason, you should be more careful with the quantity and quality of sleep, so that you can recover and feel better. The "favorite" diet for 7 and 14 days can be repeated every 3 to 4 months, while a longer adherence to it (21 days or more) is allowed every 1 to 2 years. Remember to consult your doctor before starting any diet to avoid negative health effects.
- Animal fats;
- Fatty fermented dairy products;
- Sauces (mayonnaise, ketchup, all not natural);
- Starchy vegetables;
- All baked goods, pasta, anything that contains wheat flour;
- Fatty meat and fish, semi-finished products, cold cuts, smoked meats;
- White rice;
- Candy, ice cream, cookies;
- Grapes, bananas;
- Alcohol (a small amount of dry white wine is allowed);
- Carbonated sweet drinks;
- Salt (the use of salt is excluded only in the seven and fourteen day versions).
Contraindications of the favorite diet
- Period of pregnancy and lactation;
- Acute and infectious chronic diseases;
- Prone to fainting from hunger;
- Diabetes mellitus;
- Diseases of the digestive tract, heart and genitourinary system;
- Previous gastrointestinal operations;
- Serious physical activity;
- Unstable psycho-emotional state.
Simply put, this diet is only suitable for absolutely healthy people.
May cause headaches, dizziness, weakness, nausea. If these symptoms persist for 1 or 2 days, the diet should be discontinued.
Favorite diet menu
Diet's Favorite 7-Day Menu
- Day 1: drinking day. On this day, you are allowed to drink as much liquid as you want. The menu includes low-fat meat and vegetable broths, tea, still warm water, black coffee (but it is better to exclude it), low-fat kefir and yogurt.
- Day 2:vegetables. Eat any vegetables, preference should be given to types of processing such as stewing, steaming, baking and boiling. Vegetables that can be eaten raw are best left unprocessed. Use lemon juice and a drop of olive oil as a dressing. It is best to eat food in small portions every 2 to 3 hours. You can drink water and tea.
- Day 3:drink, the same day 1.
- Day 4:fruity. Any fruit other than banana and grape. It is recommended to eat grapefruits, pineapples, apples: they reduce appetite and accelerate fat burning. Meals are also in 2-3 hours.
- Day 5:protein. By the fifth day, your body is already bored with the heaviest food, so we do not deny it pleasure. The diet for this day consists of egg white, soy, cottage cheese and cheese (remember the low fat content of foods), legumes, nuts. We will also indulge ourselves with baked, steamed, grilled or simply boiled meat, poultry and fish.
- Day 6:drink.
- Day 7:Get off the diet. On this day, we come to proper nutrition, if we want to maintain the achieved result. By the seventh day, you've already lost a bit of the habit of eating heavy and fatty foods, so the transition to PP will be easier. Also, you should not torment the body with junk food, you may just not be able to cope with a sudden load after several days with few calories.
Favorite diet for 14 days
These are the two cycles of the seven day option. However, in this option, it is allowed to consume a little salt, no more than 2 grams per day. Vegetable oil no more than 1 tablespoon. l per day. It is allowed to drink kefir with a fat content of 0 and 1%. You can also add a little pulp to fruit and juice salads, on veggie days focus on more satisfying veggies, increase portions slightly.
Detailed menu for 7 days
- Breakfast: coffee or tea, a glass of low-fat kefir.
- Lunch: a glass of non-fatty fish or chicken breast broth, tea.
- Dinner: a glass of natural yogurt without additives, with a low percentage of fat. Green Tea.
- Late dinner: a glass of kefir.
- Breakfast: cucumber and tomato salad, can be seasoned with lemon juice. Eat all you want. You can drink tea or a cup of coffee.
- Lunch: Bake zucchini, tomatoes, bell peppers in the oven or on the grill without oil. Serving about 300 grams.
- Dinner: cabbage stewed with onions and carrots, tea / still mineral water.
- Breakfast: freshly squeezed grapefruit juice, 200 grams of fermented baked milk.
- Lunch: The beef broth is not on the bone, you can add a whole onion during cooking for flavor and then throw it away. A glass of 0% kefir.
- Dinner: a glass of vegetable broth, a glass of kefir or milk.
- Breakfast: fruit salad (avoid bananas and grapes), you can fill with mandarin juice, don't limit yourself in quantity.
- Lunch: freshly squeezed juice of any fruit, two green apples, one pear.
- Dinner: fruit smoothie 300 gr.
- Breakfast: omelette with egg whites, cottage cheese 3 - 4%.
- Lunch: chicken breast grilled or in a dry skillet, or stewed without oil. 300 gr. As a garnish, you can salad with cucumbers and herbs.
- Dinner: baked or steamed haddock 150 gr, kefir 200 ml.
- Repeat for 1 to 3 days.
- Stop favorite diet
- Breakfast: 2 slices of low-fat cheese, tea, 2 tomatoes.
- Lunch: borscht in boneless chicken or beef broth 300 gr
- Dinner: A piece of steamed lean white or red fish with vegetables. The total ration must be 300 g.
Snacks on this diet are possible only with kefir, tea, in the most difficult times you can eat a green apple in a fruit day, raw carrots in a vegetable, kefir in the drink and protein. Don't forget to drink clean water!
Favorite Diet Reviews
According to reviews from men and women who followed this diet, in 7 days you can shed around 5-7 kg, if you don't break the rules and don't eat 24 hours a day.
In 14 days it takes between 10 and 12 kg, depending on your initial weight: the more, the more kilograms you can eliminate. From the same reviews, we learned that the hardest day is the first day of the diet, so it is easier to limit yourself.
It is not recommended to exceed the duration of this diet: 7 and 14 days are enough to lose weight quickly and not harm the body. Carefully watch the reaction of your body, if on day 3 the weakness, headache and dizziness do not disappear, the diet should be interrupted. Visit your doctor to assess the possible risks to your health, do not neglect contraindications. After stopping the diet, switch to proper nutrition. Therefore, you can easily save the result obtained and not gain extra pounds again.