Protein is one of the main foods for weight loss, which is why girls often ask, “What can you eat on a protein diet? ” To lose weight, you will need to limit your intake of fat andcarbohydrates. Its lack leads to active fat burning, but there is no feeling of hunger. Protein foods saturate the body, give it strength, which distinguishes it from other weight loss foods.
What is a protein diet?
The Protein Diet is the generic name for a protein-based diet. The diet consists of meat, fish, cottage cheese, eggs. Vegetables are used with fruits, but in smaller amounts, the same applies to cereals, soups and other foods rich in carbohydrates, the main source of energy. So the body does not get energy from food, so it replaces it with fat deposits, which it must get rid of.
Athletes use non-carbohydrate protein foods during body drying. With its help, excess fat is gone after gaining mass, and muscles remain. During this time, continue the intake of all nutrients, not just protein. Just change their number and proportion. In this case, you will have to completely abandon pastry, flour dishes, potatoes, even in minimal portions.
What does a protein diet do
Meat, eggs and fish rich in amino acids are considered "heavy foods", so it is easy to understand what a protein diet contributes. The body spends a lot of energy digesting these products with a molecular protein structure. First, food "breaks" and turns into chains of amino acids, and then - separate elements. Such a process requires a large amount of energy, which must be obtained in the absence of other methods from fatty deposits, decomposing them.
The long-term absorption of amino acids provides an important advantage of this type of diet: a feeling of fullness, which lasts for several hours, so fainting and the constant desire to eat something are not scary.
Products for a protein diet to lose weight are not harmful, so you do not have to worry about your health, and the variety of menu options with a fast and lasting result does not leave girls indifferent. People who have problems with the kidneys, gastrointestinal tract, heart and blood vessels will have to abandon strict diets.
Protein diet options
There are many types of protein foods, so the question "What can you eat on a protein diet? " - ambiguous. Scientists, nutritionists, stars from around the world offer their menu. Choose the appropriate option for a protein diet, not only based on the promised effectiveness, but also based on individual parameters: health status, tolerable foods for a protein diet, age.
Diets based on timing, staple foods, and nutrient content can be followed.
The most famous power systems are shown below:
- Ducan dietis a popular choice from a renowned nutritionist. Based on the consumption of foods rich in protein and low in carbohydrates. Lean meats with fish, eggs are suitable for this definition. The first phase is called an "attack" with the exclusive use of protein, then there is a "cruise" with days of pure protein and days of alternate protein-vegetable. In order not to harm health, the diet is followed for a week.
- The Maggi Dietis an egg diet based on a chemical reaction, not a calorie deficit. It is designed for one month, during which you can lose up to 20 kilograms. The system is suitable even for elderly people and has no special contraindications, but in order to avoid health problems, it is used at most once a year. If you go off the diet correctly, the result will last for a long time.
- Kremlin.Its principle is a limited carbohydrate intake, but meat and eggs should not exceed the amount that was during the usual diet. The original system with no new approved products lasts for 2 weeks, and when it is extended, the person begins to have health problems.
If you haven't settled on a clear menu of nutritional systems, create your own protein diet, following these rules:
- number of meals per day - 4-5 times;
- the last dose 4 hours before bedtime and the first 30 minutes after;
- each meal should contain protein products for weight loss;
- Limit starchy vegetables after lunch;
- it is better to eat fruit before lunch, for example, a couple of apples or citrus;
- Avoid sweetened beverages because they whet your appetite
- needs to drink at least 1. 5 liters a day, and some food systems require 2 times more water;
- Prohibited dishes include bread, sweets, flour, hot dogs, hot dogs with other offal, fast food, canned food.
What are protein foods?
Choosing a protein diet, girls begin to eat only meat, fish, eggs, as the most famous sources of protein; they do not understand well what belongs to proteins. Protein foods for weight loss are foods in which protein occupies the main place. It is found in animal meat and plant foods, but the set of amino acids they contain is different. Low-calorie protein foods for weight loss are low-fat milk, legumes, fish with low-fat meat.
Protein foods: Food list
The food rich in amino acids is turkey, tuna, shrimp and crabs. Other protein foods have a less complete nutrient balance.
The following list is the answer to the common question "What can you eat with any protein diet":
- sardine, pink salmon, salmon;
- chicken breast, lean beef, pork, lamb, beef liver, rabbit meat;
- spinach, asparagus, mustard greens, cauliflower, mushrooms;
- soybeans, peas, beans, lentils, buckwheat, millet grains;
- eggs, cheese, skim milk, kefir, cottage cheese.
This list of foods for a protein diet will help you lose weight fast. Losing weight is effective, tasty and harmless. The disadvantages of consuming such foods include contraindications in the form of chronic diseases, poor blood clotting. To avoid hair loss, deterioration of the appearance of the skin, during the diet, also take vitamin-mineral complexes.
The protein menu of the day is prepared according to the chosen diet. Also, individual needs are necessarily taken into account in the BZHU percentage.
Use the following foods as a base with a garnish:
- 200 grams of fish;
- 250 grams of low-fat or low-fat cottage cheese;
- 5 egg whites, cooked or not;
- 200 grams of shellfish;
- 150 grams of chicken;
- 100 grams of lean pork, beef or veal;
- a protein shake that you can consume yourself.
High protein diet
The well-known high-protein diet for weight loss consists of foods with a high percentage of protein. The recipes are simple, but very tasty. For one day, prepare:
- Coffee or tea, bran toast;
- 2 eggs, cole slaw with lemon juice;
- Low-fat protein yogurt or better;
- Baked or stewed fish with tomato salad.
Strict protein diet
What can you eat with a strict protein diet? The so-called "liquid food", which refers to protein foods: milk, kefir, soups, decoctions.
An example of a protein menu for the day is:
- For breakfast 100-200 grams of rice boiled in water without spices, green apple, tea without sugar.
- For lunch, you can make an omelet with a couple of whole eggs and an additional couple of egg whites with the addition of 200 ml of skim milk.
- Drink a glass of kefir as a snack.
- For dinner, boiled breast with tomato, juice.
Protein diet for a month
The menu of the protein diet for weight loss for a month is diverse and more permissible due to the long period:
- a couple of boiled eggs, an apple, tea;
- boiled chicken fillet, stewed vegetables;
- fermented dairy products;
- Baked or fried meat without oil.
For 2 weeks
There are no particular innovations in what you can eat on a protein diet for 2 weeks.
All diet recipes can be prepared at home:
- Coffee or tea for breakfast.
- For lunch, egg, cauliflower salad.
- For lunch, 100 grams of chicken with rice.
- Low-fat cottage cheese for a snack.
- Steamed Slave Dinner with Salad.
For 7 days
The 7-Day Protein Diet is popular with girls for its quick effect. In 1 day you will eat:
- A glass of fermented milk or yogurt.
- 100 g of chicken with spices and vegetables.
- 1 apple or citrus.
- 150 g of baked fish with herbs.
For 3 days
A detailed menu of 1 day of protein diet 3 days is small, because in a short period you can only eat:
- For breakfast 1 boiled egg, tea.
- 100g of cottage cheese for lunch and afternoon tea.
- Drink water or tea the rest of the time.