The Japanese diet can be compared to a difficult test that requires you to demonstrate the willpower of samurai to lose weight. After delivery, you will not only notice thinness, but also healthier. After reading the material, you will discover many new things about the "Japanese woman".
Japanese diet for weight loss
Having found extra pounds on you, you immediately rush to select a suitable weight loss scheme. The Japanese salt-free diet is an effective way to lose weight.
The Japanese diet got its name from Japanese nutritionists. It is adapted for Europeans and bears no resemblance to Japanese national cuisine. However, it allows you to develop the correct eating habits inherent in the people of Japan.
The Japanese are famous for their slim physiques and long life expectancies, largely due to the diet they follow.
Advantages and disadvantages of the Japanese diet
Let's examine in more detail the advantages and disadvantages of such a diet. The 13-day Japanese diet has several benefits:
- It is an effective option to lose weight. According to this scheme, you can reduce body weight by 8 or more kilograms.
- Reducing your salt intake has a positive effect: excess fluid leaves the body and swelling decreases. The cardiovascular system will gradually return to normal.
- There is a noticeable improvement in well-being. Reducing the amount of salty foods in the diet will help a person to get rid of this bad habit.
- Plant protein allows you to stay slim and strengthen the immune system for a long period of time.
- The Japanese diet menu is a selection of affordable products that can be bought in any supermarket.
- This weight loss course is relevant at any time of the year.
This weight loss system is harmful for several reasons:
- The daily intake of coffee can cause problems in the cardiovascular system, central nervous system and gastrointestinal tract (CNS and gastrointestinal tract).
- The diet is not balanced, very close to a hunger strike.
- Long breaks before meals can be the starting point for serious stomach ailments.
- Many people find it difficult to get used to the diet.
The Japanese diet is one of the most famous methods to lose weight quickly.
Basic rules of the Japanese diet
A series of rules for losing weight as a diet that will help improve your figure, physical condition:
- eat foods strictly from a special menu;
- think about fasting days in advance;
- do not edit or change the order of the elements;
- abandon sweet, salty and starchy foods (except those allowed);
- try to drink your daily amount of pure water (1. 5 - 2 liters depending on your weight);
- drink green tea after any meal, as black tea is prohibited;
- cook the vegetables in a slow cooker or bake in olive oil in the oven;
- it is allowed to repeat a similar diet once every six months;
- it is required to take multivitamins, active supplements that will compensate for the deficiency of nutrients in the body;
- should consult a specialist, as the nutritional system has side effects;
- Psychological preparation is the key to the success of any diet. Japanese is no exception;
- before you start, gradually exclude from your menu prohibited products, especially harmful ones;
- original serving of vegetables and fruits will help to cope with the desire to eat some kind of "harmful", and will also increase the mood of those who are losing weight.
It is necessary to stick strictly to the menu, without changing the sequence of days or the set of products, strictly observing the cooking rules.
How to prepare for the Japanese diet
We highly recommend not skipping this step, as a sudden change in diet is stressful for anyone, even if you decide to try a more bland diet from Hayley Pomeroy.
Some tips to help you rebuild your body in a new way and start losing weight:
- exclude all kinds of "harmfulness" from the diet (fried, sweets, flours, sauces, semi-finished products, instant foods) one week before the start of the diet;
- take a smaller plate; This will reduce the amount ingested by 20-25%;
- do not eat too much at night, eat dinner 3 hours before bedtime;
- drink the norm of clean water (1, 5-2 liters per day);
- Drink the first glass of water in small sips in the morning to activate the metabolism after sleeping.
7 Day Japanese Diet Menu
A 7-day weekly salt-free Japanese diet consists of three meals a day: breakfast, lunch, and dinner. All drinks are consumed without sugar.
An example of a balanced diet for every day:
- Start your breakfast with a cup of coffee or green tea. For lunch, boil 2 eggs, chop the Peking coleslaw, carrots, season with vegetable oil. Then drink 1 glass of fresh tomato juice. Dinner consists of boiled fish (150-200 g), 100 grams of Chinese cabbage with the addition of a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Start your first meal with a small rye toast and coffee / tea. Lunch consists of salad based on vegetables, baked fish (200 grams). For dinner, boil a small piece of beef (200 grams) + a glass of low-fat kefir.
- Unpacked natural coffee - breakfast. Boil 1 hard-boiled egg for lunch, cut a carrot salad (small portion weighing 150 grams), season with vegetable oil. Have an apple snack at the end of the day.
- For breakfast, in addition to a cup of coffee, 1 piece of rye bread is allowed. The second meal includes an egg, 3 medium carrots, 10 grams of natural low-fat cheese. At night, eat fruits allowed on the menu.
- For breakfast, grate a carrot and season with a lemon wedge. Bake fish fillets for lunch. Squeeze a glass of juice from the tomatoes. Dinner includes 2-3 unsweetened fruits (for example, pear).
- Drink a cup of mild green tea at the beginning of the day. At lunchtime, boil 300 grams of chicken breast, chop a salad of carrots and cabbage (150 grams). For dinner: 2 boiled eggs, grated carrot salad with a drop of oil.
- Rye croutons and a cup of tea are allowed for breakfast. Lunch consists of a small piece of boiled beef (200 grams) + an apple. Dinner: any of those suggested (without meat).
The Japanese 7-day diet and menu described above does not guarantee significant weight loss. During this period, you can only remove excess water from the body.
This diet can be called salt-free precisely because of the fact that you drink a lot and do not consume salty foods, kilograms literally wash away.
Japanese diet menu for 9 days
The diet meal below is no different from the 7-day option, but two more days are added:
- Drink unsweetened coffee / green tea for breakfast. Second meal - 500 gr. boiled chicken, a plate of cabbage and carrot salad. Dinner will consist of grated carrots seasoned with sesame oil.
- Start the day with your usual drinks. The snack consists of boiled chicken fillet (150 g), carrot and Peking salad, 2 eggs. Eat 2 fruits allowed at night.
13 Days a Day Japanese Diet Menu
A few more days are added to the Japanese diet menu:
- In the morning, cheer up with a cup of coffee. The lunchtime diet includes: a slice of cheese (10 grams), 1 boiled egg, a salad of grated carrot strips, cabbage. Eat the "right" fruit for dinner.
- Early in the day: rye toast with green tea. For lunch, fry the zucchini in olive oil. Dinner can consist of two boiled eggs, cabbage salad seasoned with lemon slices and butter, boiled beef (150-200 grams).
- Have a cup of coffee and some fried bread for breakfast. The second meal is 200 grams of fish (boiled or made in a slow cooker), mixed salad. Cook a slice of meat for dinner. Go to the supermarket for fresh kefir.
- After waking up, a cup of coffee. The daily diet consists of a couple of hard-boiled eggs, 150 gr. cabbage salad. For dinner, fry or boil 200-300 grams of fish fillets.
- Starting the next day, you must select any day's menu and add 1 prohibited product. It is important to gradually stop the two-week diet and not uncontrollably absorb previously prohibited foods.
Fish, chicken, beef, eggs, cheese and kefir should be the base of your menu.
If you have a sweet tooth, you can smell vanilla during your diet. It will reduce the urge to loosen up and eat a sweet muffin.
- for breakfast, cook porridge in water (buckwheat, oatmeal);
- for lunch you can eat boiled rice with meat;
- introduce protein and vegetable snacks into your diet;
- gradually salt and pepper in your dishes;
- the period of abstinence from such a diet lasts approximately 4 weeks, so please be patient.
List of Japanese diet foods
As part of this type of diet, it is necessary to consume natural products low in fat and carbohydrates:
- natural grain or ground coffee (accelerates metabolic processes in the body, normalizes blood pressure);
- white fish (sirloin only), as red fish is too fatty;
- green tea (natural without fruit additives);
- fresh fruits (except bananas and grapes, which are high in sugar). Give preference to green apples with "acidity", pears, grapefruits, cherries. You can drink cocktails or smoothies;
- lean meat (beef, veal);
- tomato juice that you prepared yourself in a blender. The stores sell a drink with a lot of salt;
- low-fat (or completely fat-free) fresh kefir;
- chicken or quail eggs;
- chicken (sirloin), turkey;
- vegetable oil (olive or sesame);
- still mineral water;
- vegetables (preferably Chinese cabbage, eggplant, zucchini, carrots);
- rye bread or croutons.
Forget about salt, sugar, seasonings (they make you eat more than you need to satisfy your hunger), leave smoked meats, baked goods, bananas and grapes at the store.
List of foods prohibited in the Japanese diet
The diet food contains a list of foods that should not be eaten.
To reduce body weight, you must abandon the following positions:
- Adding spices and herbs is not recommended. It is strictly forbidden to salt the dishes.
- Don't drink alcohol while losing weight. They themselves are a very high calorie product.
- Eliminate flour, sweet and fatty foods from your diet.
- As mentioned above, do not eat two types of fruits (bananas and grapes) that are high in sugar.
In such a short time (13 days), up to 15 kilograms can be spent (depending on the duration of the course and the initial weight). Of course, if you follow all the instructions, do not substitute products, strictly follow the established daily routine.
Please note that in a balanced Japanese diet for 13 days, the menu helps improve metabolism, so weight loss will continue after completion. Drinking a lot of water will improve the appearance of the skin, eliminate puffiness.
It is strictly forbidden during the diet to eat snacks and any deviation from the proposed menu, otherwise the result will be far from the promised one.
The Japanese diet is a difficult option to improve the parameters of the figure, so it is not suitable for everyone. It should be noted again that you should consult with a dietitian before going on a diet.
The following list of prohibition factors for "Japanese women" is distinguished:
- is contraindicated during pregnancy and lactation;
- adolescents (under 18 years), older people should not limit their diet;
- general weakening of the immune system, colds, SARS, flu;
- are unacceptable for people with chronic diseases (cardiovascular, intestinal, kidney disease);
- violation of stool, nausea;
- postoperative period (regardless of the severity of the operation);
- mental, physical, emotional stress (eg upcoming competitions, contests, report presentation);
- If a few days after starting the diet you feel weak, dizzy, you should reject it.
We have analyzed the peculiarities of the Japanese diet for a week or more. Fresh vegetables, fruits, mainly fish, moderate oil consumption, fermented dairy products, salt rejection are the main food systems of this type. We can assume that this is the key to longevity and harmony of the Japanese.