The article provides detailed information on yoga for weight loss, one of the most effective methods of removing fat deposits in various areas of your body. In addition, while studying the basic asanas for the back, arms, legs and abdomen, you will become familiar with the basic rules of yoga, learn its useful qualities and contraindications, and also receive reasoned recommendations regarding the formation of your own set of training. .
What is yoga for?
Yoga is the oldest Indian tool for achieving inner and outer peace, as well as oneness with the world.. . . Thanks to a series of specific exercises, anyone can achieve the desired well-being. In other words, it is advisable to correctly develop a program using free access exercises to achieve the proposed objective.
At the same time, the main advantages of the method of losing weight include:
- Improved general conditionorganism, providing the normalization of metabolism.
- Flexibility.A weight loss program can be developed for almost everyone.
- Improving potency. . . The right program will not only take care of the extra pounds, but it will also restore male strength.
- Strengthening women's health. . . Systematic exercises stimulate cells to rejuvenate and increase elasticity. She will start to feel younger, and this is guaranteed to show in her appearance.
- New perception of life. . . Yoga classes motivate and change thinking. You will have new goals and energy to achieve them.
- Inner peace. . . All the worries and resentments will eventually start to leave you, leaving only the experience behind. You will learn to accept the world around you as it is.
- Greater resistance. . . After just a few sessions, you will feel toned, allowing you to accomplish many more daily tasks than you are used to.
- Standardization. . . The weight doesn't just go away. You will achieve ideal proportions that will restore normal health and happiness to your image.
Basic rules of yoga
In order for yoga for weight loss to be as effective as the Tabata program, try to keep the fundamental rules in mind with all their inherent responsibility. You will quickly feel the result only if you show your discipline.
The basic rules of yoga include:
- Consistency.Do your regular classes, on specific days and times.
- Experienced instructor. . . If you are inexperienced in yoga, be sure to seek out an experienced mentor. Only he will show you the main mistakes and give you instructions on how, for example, to increase flexibility and relax the body through special breathing techniques.
- Choose a clean place.An important point in yoga is where you plan to do the complex. It should be light and calm. It is important to choose the right place, as it will shape the overall mood of the complex.
- Move gradually. . . Don't tackle difficult poses right away. Continue with them gradually, without overloading your body. So that you can work on the technique and eliminate the possible problems associated with the lack of physical ability to perform this or that action.
- Be attentive to every move. . . Consciousness is an important element of yoga. You must clearly understand why you are striking a particular pose.
Basic asanas for weight loss
Having studied the rules and basic principles of yoga, he can begin to get acquainted directly with the poses that will allow him to quickly lose the unwanted pounds. And then we suggest that you familiarize yourself with various movement options aimed at completing the task directly in certain problem areas.
Note!The constant practice of yoga allows not only to put the body in the proper shape, but also increases a person's personal concentration and also improves the speed of thought.
For the belly
Traditionally, you have to start with the most problem area, and the stomach in this case is more than a reasoned example.
This is the first pose we will see. Its essence lies not only in getting rid of extra pounds, but also in a thorough study of the abdominal muscles. The purpose of the exercise is to strengthen the upper torso, giving flexibility and strength to the back.
To do the exercise, lie down with your stomach on the mat and rest on the palms of your hands, which should be located directly below your shoulders. The toes and chin should also touch the ground. While inhaling slowly, lift your torso with your hands and bend your back as far back as possible.
In this position, it should be 15 to 30 seconds.Then, on a slow exhale, you need to return to the starting position. Repeat the weight loss exercise, preferably at 10-15 second intervals, at least 5 times.
This pose aims to strengthen the central abdomen, as well as improve digestion and flexibility of the entire body. To do this, lie on your stomach, bend your knees, grab your ankles from the outside with your hands, and lift your shins. Then take a deep breath and bend well, yanking your pelvis and chest off the floor.
The head should also be as far back as possible.In this position, you must remain standing for about 15-30 seconds.and then return to the starting position at the exit. It should be repeated 5 times with a 10-15 second break.
Note!For the best effect, you can rock a little while lifting.
This pose aims to burn fat in the waist area. It also has a positive effect on appetite and leg muscles. First you need to lie on your back, stretch your legs and place your hands along the body with your palms facing up. Inhale slowly and lift your legs. Do not bend them at the knees, try to lift them as high as possible and keep them straight.
Next, try touching your toes with your hands. With all of this, you should keep your body at a 45 degree angle. In this position, you should be at least 15 seconds, then return to the starting position and repeat after 15 seconds.In total, you need to do 5 exercises.
This pose is often referred to as a plank. As a result of exercise, you not only lose weight, but you are also responsible for strengthening the muscles in your arms, legs, back, abdomen and neck. The classic pose requires you to kneel down and place your hands in front of you.
Next, you need to stretch your legs, stand on the tips of your toes, and raise your head, looking straight ahead. From head to toe, your body should show a single straight line. In this position, it should be 15 to 30 seconds.. . . It should be repeated 5 times at 15 second intervals.
A pose designed to strengthen the abdomen and hips and relieve pain in the lower back. In addition, proper functioning normalizes bowel function, reduces acidity and significantly speeds up metabolism. The execution will force you to lie on your back, stretch your legs and put your arms parallel to them.
Then, as you inhale, straighten your legs, keeping your heels together, and as you exhale, bend your knees and slowly bring them to your chest. Wrap your arms around them and fix the position for 60-90 seconds. After exhaling, return to the starting position. This operation must be done 5 times with a 15 second pause.
Note!It is important to breathe deeply during the entire procedure.
Often the legs also suffer from poor diet or lifestyle. That is, you may also need to remove the fat. To do this, familiarize yourself with the following asanas.
It's very easy to do. Standing with your back straight, clench your feet tightly, raise your hands, palms to each other, and sit until your knees are at a right angle.It is necessary to stay like this for 2 to 5 minutes.and try to pull the spine upward with force. Go up slowly, without jerks.
This pose is popularly called "birch". Lie down on the floor and then, as you exhale, raise your legs above your head. The feet must be together. At the same time, try to tear off the lower back. Fix the body in the hands using the lever. You should stay in this position as long as possible, remembering to breathe deeply. Then slowly return the body to its original state.
Note!Thanks to numerous studies, specialists have been able to verify the fact of a significant reduction in anxiety and an improvement in well-being in people who practice yoga regularly.
For the back
Interestingly, the back also suffers from excess weight, especially with a prolonged incorrect lifestyle of the individual. To get rid of the accumulated effect, yoga also provides special poses.
A practical way to strengthen and remove deposits from the back muscles. While standing, jump up a bit andspread your feet about 130 cm apart. . . Then extend your arms out to the sides. At the same time, the palms should face the ground.
Rotate your right foot so that it is at a right angle and facing to the right side. The left leg also straightens and turns a bit at this point, and both legs should stay on the same line. The right leg is required to bend at the knee up to 90 degrees.
Lead your right hand along the right leg and your left, respectively, along the left. Turn your head towards the bent knee. You must stay in this position for 1 minute and then switch sides.
Sit on your stomach and place your arms along your body. Then at the same time, start pulling your head, chest, arms, and legs back.At the same time, the stomach cannot be opened.. . . Make sure to lift and tense your glutes. You need to stay in this position as long as possible.
Another group of exercises that we will see are the poses of the hands. They, like the legs, are severely affected by fat deposits. Follow these two simple exercises to restore muscle tone and the appearance of your arms.
Adho Mukha Svanasana
Get on all fours so that your legs and arms are shoulder-width apart. Press your toes against the floor and slowly come into a pose, while aligning your knees. At the same time, the foot must be completely on the ground.Do this pose for at least a minute.. . . Then, returning to the starting position, take a 15-second break and repeat the cycle a couple more times.
This pose aims to restore the muscles of the arms. Get on all fours. The arms and legs should be turned vertically and the body weight should be transferred to the left arm. Next, lift your right hand off the ground and turn your whole body forward so that the left hand and knee of the same name are on the ground.
The rest of the body should be in a horizontal plane. Inhale with your stomach and fix this position as long as possible. Then repeat the same process for the opposite hand.
Tips to improve efficiency
In order for yoga for weight loss to have the same positive effect as aerobics, we recommend not neglecting the general rules that are interpreted by famous mentors from around the world.
Reference:UNESCO has listed yoga as Intangible Cultural Heritage.
To improve efficiency:
- Don't overeat.
- Avoid spicy foods.
- Give up sweets and starchy foods.
- Go vegetarian if possible.
- Avoid tea and prefer purified water.
Like running to lose weight, the method to lose extra pounds that is considered in the article has a number of contraindications that you should take into account.
Attention!Neglecting these factors will worsen your overall well-being and, quite possibly, lead to serious pain and complications.
To prevent this from happening, try to visit your family doctor before starting classes and do a full body exam. Also try to remember the main list of contraindications.
Doing yoga to lose weight is prohibited when:
- The general severity of the condition. For example, when you have been struggling with some kind of illness for a long time and have already managed to become quite weak.
- Mental disorders.
- Organic lesions of the cardiovascular system. It is forbidden to practice yoga for heart diseases, tachycardias, arrhythmias and aneurysms.
- Diseases of the blood and various infectious lesions of the musculoskeletal system.
- Severe TBI and serious spinal injuries, as well as in violation of the general structure of the body.
- Malignant neoplasms.
Yoga is a tool to achieve a perfect inner and outer state.. . . Every year there are more practitioners of this art, which is the fundamental sign of high efficiency. Find a responsible mentor, master all the subtleties and nuances of the exercises you need to lose weight, and achieve the ideal figure with minimal effort.