You always want to shed extra pounds as soon as possible. First, because dieting for a long time is boring and exhausting. Second, because they are often seriously thinking about losing weight at the time when you need to look good now. And the goal, as a rule, is not a modest 1-2 kilograms, but 3-5 (sometimes more). There are many ways to lose weight quickly in 5 kg; you can achieve this result even in a week. But is it worth doing and how will such a rate of weight loss affect your health?
Often times it is women who are looking for ways to urgently lose 5 kg per week. Can you guess why? Because it will allow you to put on your favorite dress or jeans from last year. Having lost five kilograms, the body decreases in volume by about one size. Although this rule does not always work.
The problem is that 5 kilograms is an absolute value and doctors recommend evaluating the results of weight loss as a percentage, relative to the initial body weight.
A safe rate of weight loss is considered to be no more than 1% per week. At a weight of 100 kg, this equates to about 5 kg per month. Losing 5 kg in a week can be considered extreme, and any extreme is a health threat.
A little more math. Nutritionists have calculated that to get rid of just one kilogram of fat, you need to create a deficit of 7, 000 calories. If you multiply them by 5, you get 35, 000 kcal, with an average daily intake of about 2, 000. How many days do you need to eat nothing and keep sweating in the gym to lose 5 kg in 5 days, as some novel diets promise? And how is such a result achieved when some still manage to achieve such a goal?
Dangerous for health
As you already understood, rapidly losing weight by 5 kg per week, with a strong desire, you can still do it. But such weight loss has nothing to do with burning fat. Getting rid of such an amount of fat in 7 days is unrealistic! So what happens in the body when we starve or go on extreme diets, and what goes away with the weight? The answers to these questions will definitely not please you!
- Water.It is easier to remove water from the body. Therefore, diuretic components are present in all weight loss drugs. Therefore, it is quite possible to lose weight by 5 kg even in 3 days. The price for such a result: a violation of the balance of vitamins and minerals, dehydration, congested heart and kidneys, dry gray skin and constant headaches.
- FecesIf you constantly eat unhealthy food and do not periodically cleanse the body, up to 3-4 kilograms of feces can accumulate in the intestines of an adult. Having provoked diarrhea, it is quite possible to lose several kilograms in three days. But at the same time, you can get dysbiosis, dehydration, disturbance of the digestive system, exacerbation of hemorrhoids.
- Muscle.Contrary to popular belief, with a severe caloric deficit, the body does not consume its own fat, but instead uses muscle mass as an internal reserve, leaving fat reserves for even worse times. As a result, the dough goes away, but the volumes remain. At the same time, the metabolic processes slow down and when you return to your usual lifestyle, the weight increases dramatically.
So before you say to yourself: "I want to lose 5 kg in 7 days! ", Think about the consequences and really assess your capabilities. It is very difficult to maintain the result obtained, as well as to rebalance the body, which is altered by the strongest stress.
Weight loss methods
Are there healthier ways to lose 5 kg in a week? With considerable skepticism, these include fasting, extreme dieting, and strenuous exercise. Also, these methods should be used very carefully, constantly monitoring your own well-being. If it deteriorates sharply, extreme weight loss must be urgently stopped!
It is possible and necessary to use fasting to unload the digestive system. But in order to lose weight 5 kg in a week, you will have to stop eating for at least three days and completely: fasting is carried out only with pure water without gas or green tea without sugar.
Ideally, these days should go on in a row. But for an unprepared organism, this is too much stress. Therefore, as an option, you can alternate the day of the vegetarian diet with fasting during the week. In total, there are three hungry days and four vegetarian days. For three days without eating, roughly the same number of kilograms are needed, and the other two are lost during vegetarian days.
Whichever fasting option you choose, about a week in advance, you should stop overly fatty and fried foods and reduce the amount of meat consumed. This is necessary to relieve the liver and kidneys, which are subject to increased load during fasting.
If you managed to lose weight in 3 days, you need to return to your usual diet in the same way, gradually adding familiar foods to the menu. You can practice such hunger strikes no more than once within two to three months.
For those who are not ready to completely give up food, even for the sake of quickly gaining harmony, the gentlest methods are suitable, how to lose 5 kg in just one week. Nutritionists call them "extreme diets. "And this is not a coincidence: sudden changes and severe restrictions in the usual diet are the strongest stress on the body, which not everyone can easily tolerate.
Any express diet is actually a mono diet or a combination of several types of mono diets. This is the secret of its effectiveness, this is also its main disadvantage: in seven days a deficit is created not only in calories, but also in valuable nutrients necessary for the full functioning of the body.
On the seventh day, almost everyone notices a significant deterioration in general health and other signs of vitamin deficiency - paleness, weakness, dizziness, dry skin.
The most popular express diets are:
- Kefirnaya.For seven days, you need to drink low-fat kefir (1, 5 liters per day) and eat fresh vegetables in limited quantities.
- Buckwheat.The only mono-diet in which it is not threatened by vitamin deficiency. Buckwheat contains most of the vitamins and minerals necessary for the normal functioning of the body. But to preserve them, buckwheat is eaten raw, preloaded with kefir or yogurt for the night.
- Apple.Consume 1. 5 kg of green apples every day (always with skin). For those with stomach or intestinal problems, you can bake them. You can eat 150 grams of lean meat or fish once a day.
- Juice.All seven days, drink only freshly squeezed fruit and vegetable juices. The weight disappears quickly, but due to the lack of fiber, constipation and abdominal pain can occur.
- Pink grapefruit.It is useful for those who want not only to lose weight, but at the same time to get rid of cellulite. The menu contains lean meat or fish, fresh or boiled vegetables, eat half a grapefruit 3-4 times a day.
- Curd.Helps improve the condition of hair, teeth and bones. During the day, you can eat up to 1. 5 kg of low-fat cottage cheese. Diversify your diet with fresh vegetables, berries, juices, kefir.
- Coffee shop.Caffeine stimulates metabolism and increases physical activity. To the light diet menu, add up to 5 cups of coffee without cream and sugar per day, taken before each meal.
- Egg.It is based on hard-boiled eggs, with which (2 units) you must start each meal. Unsweetened fruits, vegetables, and low-fat dairy products remain in the diet.
- Protein.The diet consists of lean meats or fish (boiled or roasted) and vegetables. Low-fat dairy products are allowed.
- Soup.The seven days the menu consists of fat burning soups: pumpkin, celery, onion, etc. You can eat only one type of soup or alternate them. But no other food is acceptable.
Detailed characteristics and diets for each of these diets can easily be found on the Internet. And at the same time, find out the contraindications, the list of which is quite long.
But the most difficult thing is not to sit for a week on the chosen diet, but to maintain the result achieved in this way. During seven days of malnutrition, the metabolic processes have time to slow down and a return to the size of the usual portions will immediately affect the figure.
Without making major changes to your diet and regular sports, you won't be able to lose weight quickly.
And for those who want to lose 5 kg per week, the exercise must be done very carefully. Training on a low calorie diet puts a great strain on the body and can lead to dizziness, rapid heartbeat and injury.
No less harmful is the other extreme: when people who have not played sports before suddenly start training for hours in the gym, forcing the body to work through wear and tear. Already on the second day, these potential athletes will be in for an extremely unpleasant surprise: the strongest dizziness, muscle spasms, and often sprains.
But the saddest thing is that incorrectly chosen loads lead to a set of muscle mass and not a loss of fat.
Fat is burned quickly with regular aerobic exercise, the intensity and duration of which gradually increase. With their help, you can lose 5 kg in about a month or a little more. But on the other hand, this will be a real reduction in fat stores and not a formal short-term result.
An extreme weight loss regimen is categorically contraindicated for people with:
- grade 2-3 hypertension and / or diabetes;
- any disease of the digestive system;
- cardiovascular problems;
- Oncological and autoimmune diseases.
In no case should pregnant women and nursing mothers lose weight, especially so quickly. You should not expose the body to such tests if it has recently undergone serious injury or surgery; you must first give him a chance to make a full recovery.
Rapid weight loss techniques will be ineffective for those with metabolic disorders; they will first have to solve the main problem.
But it's best not to initially set goals like losing 5kg in just one week. If you have not kept track of your own body and have gained a lot of excess, do not make it suffer even more, trying to get the weight back to normal as soon as possible.
It is better to listen to the advice of nutritionists and gradually lose weight, staying within the acceptable norm for the body:
- with a starting weight of more than 120 kg, it is quite acceptable to lose 5 kg in 2 weeks;
- with a body weight of 100 to 20 kg, it can decrease by 5 kg in three weeks;
- but for those who have not reached 100 kg, it is better to lose weight no faster than 5 kg per month.
At this rate of weight loss, the body has time to adapt to new conditions and metabolic processes do not slow down. This means that immediately after the end of the diet, the weight will not return, as after an express weight loss.
Important! Intense physical activity is contraindicated in very overweight people. But for them, it is quite possible to lose 5 kg in two weeks by following the principles of a healthy diet, which is better to learn from a nutritionist.
Reviews and results
Nutritionists say that losing 5 kg in 2 weeks is quite possible without harm to health only if you combine proper nutrition with moderate physical activity. But to maintain the result, it is better to live in this mode for a whole month.
At first, the weight will disappear faster, but then it will begin to stabilize. This is called the "plateau effect" when the body adjusts to a new lifestyle and stops losing weight. If you want to continue losing weight, you will have to reduce caloric intake or increase physical activity.
There are those who claim that they know how to lose weight by almost one size overnight. We are talking about the use of magnesium powder dissolved in water to lose weight, taken in the evening after dinner. The drug has a pronounced laxative effect and really allows you to lose a kilogram or two in the morning. But at the same time it strongly dehydrates the body and, with frequent use, causes constipation and intestinal dysbiosis. Once or twice, if absolutely necessary, you can use this method, but no more.
The safest method of losing weight is a healthy lifestyle and regular exercise. And this is not necessarily aerobics or exercise in the gym.
Ball games, swimming, rollerblading, biking - these are all great for training muscles, burning calories, and helping you maintain a normal weight.
You will be surprised how much you can lose 5 kg simply by eliminating sugar, alcohol and other unhealthy foods from your diet! The weight begins to disappear from the second week, even if you do not do anything else.
And if it helps the body a little, then the body will start to improve quickly. So maybe you shouldn't rush, but is it better to go the natural and helpful way?